Policies and Procedures
Possible Bad Weather Conditions
The decision to cancel classes will be based on whether local Inverurie town or Newtonhill town schools are closed.
On bad weather days or during heavy snow we ask that you please contact Evolution where there will be an answering machine message stating whether classes are running that day.
If your class is cancelled we will try our best to offer you an alternative class to attend. We will not issue refunds due to adverse weather conditions which are an act of god.
Health and Safety
A copy of emergency contact numbers will be kept on class registers.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to notify the school of any changes to their emergency contact details.
- In case of a Fire emergency all teachers have a clear understanding of responsibilities.
- They must be understood by all following the procedures of the relevant centre.
- The School will undertake regular assessment of risks regarding premises hired and any concerns will be raised with the providers.
- We are committed to ensuring all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training.
- It is the schools responsibility to keep a fully equipped First Aid Box at both hired premises. In case of an incident – an Accident / Incident report must be made. Cold packs are available for use together with other first aid equipment. Head Injury Advice Information Sheets are available if appropriate.
- In the event of a medical emergency, and where a parent cannot be contacted, the guardian authorises Evolution School of Dance to seek medical advice for the child.
- If required the school will contact the emergency services first, then the parent / guardian of the student(s) involved by the telephone number on the class registers.
- Parents understand that dance is as active an engagement as any sport, and whilst every effort is made to avoid them, injuries can happen. The school accepts no responsibility for injuries sustained via any means other than a teacher’s negligence.
- Pupils will be supervised during class time only and parents / carers must ensure the safety of their children in the waiting, changing and toilet areas.
- Students/parents or guardians should inform the teacher of any special health considerations or existing injuries before participating in class.
- Parents must be responsible for ensuring your child’s punctuality. Teachers are not available to supervise late pickups. Students may be refused entry if they are continuously late for class as they are missing out on warming up safely for class.
- Dress code must be observed at all times, especially footwear for safe dance practice. Only indoor dance shoes to be worn in the studio to protect the floor and for health and safety.
- Pupils should not wear any jewellery that may pose a risk to themselves or others (stud earrings, and jewellery worn for religious or cultural reasons are acceptable).
- No food (or chewing gum) is allowed in the studio. Water is permitted in cap bottles.
- Please ensure that the elastics on your child’s ballet shoes are securely sewn and neither too loose nor too tight.
Rules and Regulations
No pupil will be allowed to dance unless all fees have been paid by fee deadline. All fees are due by the end of the second week of term.
Parents are responsible for purchasing the correct footwear, dancewear and necessary equipment for safety and success in class.
Students are to be neatly groomed with hair suitably off the face.
Students and their parents are liable for any damages caused to studio property.
All shoes & personal belongings should be labelled with the student’s name. We take no responsibility for personal items left at any venues.
It is understood and agreed that no liability under any circumstances shall be undertaken by the proprietors for loss of personal belongings. Please leave all valuables at home.
Regular attendance is important to the progress of all classes. We appreciate parental support of this.
Discussions with teachers before or after classes should be avoided. If you have any queries or concerns please contact the office by e-mail or phone.
Should your child no longer wish to attend classes please notify us in writing prior to the start of term to avoid being billed for classes.
Public Insurance Liability
Drugs & Alcohol Policy
Evolution School of Dance follows the Royal Academy of Dance’s Child Protection Policy.
Equal Opportunities & Anti-bullying
Evolution School of Dance also follows the Royal Academy of Dance’s policy on Equal Opportunities.
Bullying will not be accepted or condoned. All forms of bullying will be addressed.
Evolution School of Dance will not tolerate bullying of any kind. Any parent who feels their child may be being bullied is encouraged to please notify the Principal Teacher.
Upon being made aware of a bullying incidence, the Principal will liase with the parent of the affected child and the parent of the child who is bullying.
The Principal will consider removal of any child seen to be bullying another from the classes as an option.
We use positive reinforcement (rewarding of good behaviour) to maintain class discipline.
We believe in providing a friendly and happy environment but to do so requires a certain amount of discipline both in and out of our lessons. All pupils are expected to be polite and respectful to those around them.
Photograph and DVD Release
No cameras or videos are allowed unless consent from the teacher is given.
Any photos or dvd’s the studio has arranged to be taken of your child may be used for studio publicity.
Should you not consent to photographs or video recordings being used for publicity purposes you must inform the School in writing.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY – RAD DOCUMENT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY – RAD DOCUMENT